The California Armenian Legislative Caucus Foundation is keeping two scholarship contests for the 2022 remembrance of the Armenian Genocide. California large university learners from 9th grade via 12th grade are invited to take part in an essay contest and/or a visible arts contest to maximize increased awareness of the Armenian Genocide on its anniversary.
All winners will be contacted directly and announced to mainstream and Armenian media by the California Armenian Legislative Caucus Foundation on April 15, 2022. All winners will be awarded scholarships and will be acknowledged at the California Armenian Legislative Caucus Foundations’ yearly Armenian Advocacy Day and get exclusive recognition from the users of the California Armenian Legislative Caucus Basis. Unique artwork will be asked for from visual arts candidates if they are picked as a finalist for probable screen in the California Point out Capitol.
***Owing to COVID-19 restrictions, remaining particulars will be provided closer to the celebration date.
Criteria for just about every contest are detailed under. Pupils may possibly enter each contests, but submissions ought to be entered individually.
Essay Scholarship Awards:
Initial Place: $1,000
Next Put: $750
3rd Spot: $500
Visual Art Scholarship Awards:
Initial Spot: $1,000
Next Put: $750
3rd Spot: $500
The deadline for all essay and visible arts submissions is April 8, 2022.
This year’s creating prompt phone calls on learners to believe that:
- They have been employed to perform for a nevertheless-to-be-constructed Armenian American Nationwide Museum, with the museum to be located in Glendale, California.
- They have received term from the museum director that 1 wing of the museum will be entitled Notable Armenian Us citizens.
- They are to share with the director, in the variety of an internal memo, a person person’s title that need to be showcased in this wing of the museum and the purpose(s) that this identify should so be featured.
The students’ interior memo should really be composed employing the template beneath and accompanying recommendations:
Proposed Museum Show
Armenian American National Museum
From: [Your Full Name]
[School Name] / [Grade]
Re: A Noteworthy Armenian American
Advice for Proposed Museum Exhibit
Date: [Insert Date]
Identify OF Human being Becoming Recommended
(Insert in this article the identify of the man or woman you are recommending. Of course, it can be a relative or anyone you know. It can also be a person you have only not long ago uncovered about.)
BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH (100 words max)
(Insert in this article a transient description of the existence of the particular person you are recommending.)
Targeted SKETCH (500 phrases max)
(Insert in this article what you would want to have obviously presented in the show about the person you are recommending. This is your prospect to go into depth about this man or woman, answering the query: What makes this Armenian American so noteworthy?)
Personal Relationship (100 phrases max)
(Insert listed here what prompted you to want to endorse this particular person? Are you associated to this person? Have they achieved one thing that you far too want to complete? Does this particular person have a personal story that you by some means join to? Share some thing about you that allows the museum exhibit customer superior recognize why you advisable this human being to be highlighted in the show.)
TAKEAWAY (50 terms max)
(Insert below possibly a considered or a problem that you want the community to have in brain immediately after encountering your proposed part of the show. In other terms, what do you want the community indicating to alone when it learns about the particular person you are recommending?)
MISCELLANEOUS (50 words max)
(Insert here anything at all else you may like to add. This can contain any photos, drawings, charts, e book excerpts, etcetera., but no hyperlinks to any video and/or audio clips or any webpages.)
All submissions must be been given by the California Armenian Legislative Caucus Foundation electronically on or before April 8, 2022 by using this submission sort. Any submissions despatched after the deadline will not be recognized.
At the best of your internal memo, make sure you contain your title, age, address, significant college, and quality together with your teacher’s name, e mail deal with, and topic space.
Visual Arts Prompt
This year’s topic is “Human to Human Interaction.” All applicants will have to create their submission in keeping with this topic.
- Personalized statement (300-500 terms) describing the artwork and how it connects to the topic of human-to-human conversation. In the top remaining corner, applicant should include things like: identify, age, main handle, significant college, quality, teacher’s name and issue (if relevant), phone amount, and e mail deal with (this data will not rely as section of the whole word count).
- Only two-dimensional, visible artwork submissions will be accepted. Submission forms are restricted to drawings, paintings, pictures, digital illustrations, and graphic layout.
- Submissions might not exceed an 11×17 body and need to weigh fewer than 25 lbs ..
- Submissions may possibly not include any nudity, too much and/or graphic violence, racial slurs, derogatory and/or offensive language, profanity, and may not make use of or replicate current artwork. All submissions ought to be primary work developed by the applicant.
- E-mail issue, as effectively as titles of the attached doc, need to be formatted as follows: “CALC – Scholar Title – Title of Piece” (e.g. CALC – William Saroyan – The Time of Your Lifestyle).
- Submissions will have to incorporate the personalized statement and fulfill the criteria listed.
- Submissions need to incorporate a higher-definition photograph of the artwork, be certain to acquire a shut up photo with adequate lights for the reviewers to see the element of the operate. It is acceptable to submit up to five photographs. Be mindful of the lights of the piece and provide distinct angles to showcase the depth of the artwork.
- Submissions must consist of 1 current significant-definition photograph of the applicant, ideal for publication (e.g. cap and gown images, specialist headshots, or excellent photographs/close-ups of the applicant).
All submissions need to be been given by the California Armenian Legislative Caucus Foundation electronically on or before April 8, 2022 by working with this submission type. Any submissions sent immediately after the deadline will not be approved.
At the leading of your personalized assertion, be sure to involve your title, age, deal with, substantial university, and grade along with your teacher’s identify, e mail deal with, and subject area.